Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 4th time this dempsey pair have spawned.This time I am leaving the fry with the female for 4 to 6 weeks.Every time in the past I removed the fry, none survived.At this time fry are a week old and swimming freely.I decided to remove the male today,and let the female raise the fry by herself like I said.When I took the male out and put him in a 90 gallon tank with other BGGG and EBJD(5 of them) he would'nt stop chasing and terrorizing every JD in the tank.I guess he was pissed. He is about 4 1/2 inches,other JDs in the tank are 3 to 4 inches.This lasted for a few hours when I saw enough.I removed the male and put him in a 20 gallon tank which had 2 Blue/Gold dempseys(2 1/2 inches)in it.And relocated the 2 Blue/Golds into the 90 gallon.I know a 20 gallon is small for a 4 1/2 inch dempsey,but it will only be temporary.After 4 to 6 weeks I intend to put the male back with the female in the 46 gallon and put the fry in the 20 gallon,and then into a 55 gallon which I'll use as a grow out tank.I dont have it set up now, but will soon(need to find some space for it).

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well good luck with that, hopefully you'll have better success with them this time.

You might want to cover your filter intakes with a pre filter sponge or pantyhouse to prevent the fry from being sucked into your filters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.