Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, but have been keeping Mbuna for 4 years. About 3 months ago, I moved my mixed Mbuna (Yellow tail Acei majority and 1 male 3 female Red Zebra) into a 55 gallon aquarium. Since then, I have noticed an increase in spawning among the acei. I already have a bunch of juvenile acei (3 inchers from the original 4 acei which are close to 5 inches) and I'm worried that it will be too crowded if the few fry that I see every now and then grow up. I heard that synodontis are great at fry control, but which specific species is best at doing so and will be compatible with my setup? In total, there are about 18-20 fish in there. I am running a sump and in total there is about 70 gallons of water.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks DJ! Planning on giving the zebras to my friend anyways. They are a little too aggressive for the acei. Anyone who has any more information, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, are there any other species that would work? I've only seen multipunctatus a couple of times in my LFS and they seem to be expensive online. Eupterus is pretty cheap on LiveAquaria. Would those work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts