Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm going to set up an under-sand jets system in my tank and was wondering what would be the best pump to put on it.

It's going in a 36 bow.

I was looking at the Rio 1700 and the Maxijet Pro 600 but if theres something better and preferably more cost effective it would be a boon.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
My Rio 1700 is VERY noisy... Maybe just a bad pump. I dunno.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My first rio 14HF was quiet and awesome. Replaced it with another 14HF and it was not only loud but burnt out in about 4 months. I am not a fan of these pumps as you can't be sure of what you're going to get.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
My first rio 14HF was quiet and awesome. Replaced it with another 14HF and it was not only loud but burnt out in about 4 months. I am not a fan of these pumps as you can't be sure of what you're going to get.
Has been my experience as well. The newest Rio is just a water transfer pump so no big deal..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bought a RIO years ago for a sump that never happened because of the pump. testing it for a few days in the tank to move water came home it was dead. got it restarted was dead again the next day. now its used to move water for water changes. something that was needed but not the way i wanted it to happen lol. RIO is **** for dependability.

·
Registered
70 Posts
*** heard many many good things about Mag drives. They are said to be the eheim of the pumps. Well i just got a Mag 7 so i guess ill find out. 3 yr warranty if it doesnt work right its going back i have enough water changing pumps lol.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a Mag 3 running my protein skimmer in my salt tank... thing is awesome... i'd call it quiet and it just plain works.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Sin in Style2 said:
I've heard many many good things about Mag drives. They are said to be the eheim of the pumps. >SNIP<
I own both magdrives and eheim pumps. I have no complaints with the danners but they are not in the same class as eheim when it comes to silence.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm using a MagDrive 9.5 for my sump return, I'd call it quiet but it wasn't for the first couple of months. But I'd say the 9.5 is a bit bulky to run jets in the tank, I'm not sure of the dimensions of the smaller mags or the eheim's, but my 9.5 is a beast.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I use ViaAqua. They're cheap, quiet, and I have had zero problems in over a year of use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts