Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some input on what you guys think is the best powerhead for a 55 gal? (by the way, I have never used one before) I currently have a 55 with an XP2 and XP1, there is flow from the spray bars, but i want some movement to stir up the bottom. I have 1 small Oscar (2") and 2 small JD's. Any advice on type and placement would be appreciated. I want a simple, cheap solution to get some movement on the bottom of my tank and in some corner dead spots. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Any power head should be fine. When the oscar gets big.....he'll rip it up anyway :p My oscar broke the heater, ripped up lift tubes, knocked lids off. Pretty much mangled everthing in the tank.

·
Registered
769 Posts
8) Not for nothin' but you'd get a bit more movement in general w/ the jet nozzle as opposed to the spraybar. If you still want to direct flow to a particular area of the tank, a p/h might help. Choices are numerous but this one should suffice http://www.petsolutions.com/Maxi-Jet-90 ... 10311.aspx . Positioning is subjective & usually trial & error. Try to direct the flow to move waste toward your filter intake. "T"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts