Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scrolling through the Your Tanks section the other day and it made me think that there are so many great member tanks that never get to be Tank Of The Month.

So with no disrespect to the TOTM judges, I'd like to start a thread where members can post tanks that they feel could have won TOTM - and why.

Here's my choice, from member gherlevi: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/tanks/inde ... er&u=19577

I think the rock piles look incredibly natural while still providing great cover and territories for the fish.
The simple black back ground and sand keep it from being overly complicated.

kevin

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Great idea for a thread. I like that tank also. All agae should look that good. :p

Here's one that caught my eye. I'd like to see an update with final stock, but I like the rock layout and the plant accent. Who'd have thought you could just stick a few big rocks up on end and get it to look so good.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I agree, great idea for a thread! There are so many good ones. Tim/Prov356, one of yours caught my eye the other day. It's the simplicity of it that makes it so beautiful.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I like the effect of the lighting to create darker areas on this one. Nice contrast between rocks, sand and fish and very natural looking. Has a deepwater feel to it.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
The overhang in the background really makes this one nice. The only thing I'd change is the 'too symetrical' rock pile on the left.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Ok, I normally don't care or this type of rock, but this one was well done. I like how they all fit together to make single piles with all the hidey holes. The plants add a nice accent color.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
A nice 'rock only' setup. Nice contrasts. I like the irregularly shaped rocks. The stacking is very natural looking.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I was about to vote this one tank of the century, then read the description and realized someone posted a pic of an underwater shot of Lake Tanganyika in the tanks section. :lol:

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Once the fronts got bigger and contrasted more, this one would have been nice. Nice rock layout, very natural looking.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
prov356 said:
The overhang in the background really makes this one nice. The only thing I'd change is the 'too symetrical' rock pile on the left.

Plus one on that, love that background have not seen that type before any ideas where he got it?

I Would love to flip it upside down and put one in mine! I would prolly have to move a few things around though to get it to fit.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
This tank belongs to one of the moderators (PsYcHoTiC MaDmAn). Not only is the tank set up amazing but so is how it's seems to be set up in the room. Very dramatic! Love it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've always thought African tanks are more aesthetically pleasing than South or Central American tanks (no offence) but then I saw this, an Oscar tank belonging to HawkinsStu. Wow!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
zimmy said:
I've always thought African tanks are more aesthetically pleasing than South or Central American tanks (no offence) but then I saw this, an Oscar tank belonging to HawkinsStu. Wow!

Yeah - HawkinsStu has a pretty beautiful tank setup! No denying that

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I can't remember who this belongs to but it's a stunner! Amazing rock selection/placement and that one beam of light is perfection.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts