Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stip light on my 55g that I got from my LFS.... It serves it purspose, but I was looking for what you guys use to really make colors pop with your fish....

I want something crisper, so the colors can be truly experienced....

·
Banned
406 Posts
I have a dual 48" shop light that I bought from homedepot and in it I have a 10K bulb (zoo med ocean sun) and a 420 actinic bulb (zoo med coral sun) and my fish colors are really nice. The blue on my peacocks are very iridescent and the yellows are very nice too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jeditwin said:
I have a stip light on my 55g that I got from my LFS.... It serves it purspose, but I was looking for what you guys use to really make colors pop with your fish....

I want something crisper, so the colors can be truly experienced....
Look at the Hagen color enhancing bulbs. They worked well in my strip light on my 55.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
60gallon said:
I have a dual 48" shop light that I bought from homedepot and in it I have a 10K bulb (zoo med ocean sun) and a 420 actinic bulb (zoo med coral sun) and my fish colors are really nice. The blue on my peacocks are very iridescent and the yellows are very nice too.
Thats a great idea,.. I didn't even think of that....... :thumb:

·
Banned
406 Posts
Yeah its amazing how a different bulb or bulbs can dramatically change the way your tank and fish look.

GOOD LUCK! :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts