Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
A lot of us like New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula. Some also like Dainichi.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I feed NLS as my staple as well. Have had great results with overall health and vitality of all of my fish. It's expensive, but worth it, IMHO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am all about NLS. They make .5mm pellets as well for fry. I usually just crush some in between to spoons till they are big enough to take 1mm full pellets

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 150g jar of NLS Thera A Medium Fish Formula + Garlic 2mm from my LFS. I have some cichlids on the way right now from cichlidstore.com (Edwin is awesome btw!).

Any thoughts on this product, or should I exchange it for the cichlid formula?

Also, my fish range from 1.75 - 3 inches, will the 2mm pellets be appropriate size for these guys or should I need to drop down to 1mm until they grow a bit?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like Hikari Massivore. It's the caloric equivalent of 1.8 goldfish. I really like it because it sinks, so my female con doesn't have to swim too far from her fry to eat, plus cons are messy eaters, and the fry seem to like it!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Tarous said:
Hey Elijah.Good food dear.I like your choice.I hope it will be healthy food.Thanks for the post.I really like it.keep posting.
I am actually considering switching to either NLS or Omega 1 after the Hikari is gone. I bought a huge amount of Hikari already, so I might as well as use it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What type of fish do you keep? Here are a couple suggestions for Rift Lake species:

1. Mbuna - NLS hands down

2. Haps/Peacocks - Dainichi Color Supreme or Color FX + NLS Thera + Krill

3. Tropheus - Dainichi Veggie FX + NLS

If it's a showtank with a lot of visitors, I would definitely lean towards Dainichi products.

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
If you look at the Reviews section, you will see that Omega One gets good feedback as well as how the other foods are rated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts