Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many fish foods today and some i am quite aware as I utilized them many years ago when I started my CICHLID fishes and tanks.
Flakes, Crisps, Pellets, Sticks and frozen foods are the main supply as i do not believe in using live food at all.
Currently utilize TETRA Cichlid flakes, Cobalt veggie flakes (spirulina), New Life Spectrum mini pellets, Hikari Gold small pellets so far.
I have Hikari (Brine Shrimp, Krill, Bloodworms & Tubilex worms) also but used yet as my fish are baby juveniles mostly 1-2 inches only. They cannot even handle Hikari Gold small pellets, too big for their mouths except Jack Dempsey.
My five fish in 75 gallon tank are: Jack Dempsey, Blue Acara, Rainbow, T-Bar and Polar Blue Parrot Convict.
What are the best Flakes, Pellets, Sticks and other Special foods do you all utilize and why?

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
Well, mostly so you don't wind up not getting a response to your question,

And yeah, I know.... Pink Convicts?!!! But really, my methodology in feeding New World Cichlids is pretty clear in that thread. And you've also got some great brand experience and anecdotal purchasing recommendations added from @Sinister-Kisses in her response, to further inform those decisions in the feeding process. (y)

Reactions: Sinister-Kisses
1 - 2 of 2 Posts