Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camera SUX at taking pics of small fish. It does okay with large fish, but its almost impossible to get a clear pic of a 1"-2" fish that isn't out of focus. Its a Sony 10.1mp DSC-N2. Does anyone have this camera and have sucess at photographing small fish? Or, what suggestions are there for a good camera to do what I need?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You're not going to have much luck at all with most point and shoot cameras. A dSLR is going to greatly improve your possibilities with fish photograph, since you'll have much more control over the images and lenses.

That said, good photographers make good pictures, regardless of the camera. Learn your camera well, take TONS of shots, and you'll improve.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Read up on using the manual settings, exposure, f-stop, shutter speed, iso setting, etc.
I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you're using the auto setting.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You can pull off some great shots with a point and shoot, it's just a matter of knowing and understanding the settings in the camera. The reason most people have better luck with a DSLR is because the camera generaly has a better lens. Just like GTZ says, learning what the different settings do and how they affect the outcome of the photos will get you on the way. The other thing to consider is light, more is better, especially when you are trying to freeze your subject.

·
Registered
329 Posts
see like my camera i have a coolpix L22 and i have it on the setting used for shooting pics of food and it works it takes some practice to get use to it and on the right setting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts