Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forum. I have a 55gal setup and need help with mixing. I currently have the following but Im not sure of how many fish I should get. I heard 10-13 to help with aggression. We would like to get some electric blues. Are there any other colorful fish that would mix well?

1 Johanni blue
2 Yellow labs
1 Rusty
1 red zebra
2 Acei
1 Pleco

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
This isn't my area of expertise but ideally you only want a max of 3 species of mbuna in a 55g tank. Also it's best to keep mbuna in groups, with a ratio of 1m to 4f or more depending on the species. This can be tough as juveniles so you will need to be prepared to remove males if necessary. I'm sure some others will help you out as to which specific species work better than others.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If the johanni is what I think it is they are extremely aggressive, but I will let a more experienced member help with that.

In looking at what I want in the 55 that I am working on I have really heard good things about the ps. Demasoni's. They are a blue barred species. They are monomorphic so males and females are both blue. You might take a look at the profile page to see what you think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts