Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly positive I saw it on this site once, but now I can't find it...

Someone had taken some rock and used zip ties to secure it to some plastic mesh(?) of some kind, allowing them to easily shape it...they had lots of pictures and step by step instructions on how they got it to work...anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm going to keep looking through the forums, but if anyone has seen this, please let me know!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Yes I've seen plastic light grid (for suspended ceilings) used this way, but I think they used silicone to glue the rocks on to it. I have also seen the backgrounds made from plastic rain gutter with holes drilled into it for circulation and cichlid caves. Those did use cable ties to hold on the rocks as well as hold each gutter to the next. I used to use monofilament fishing line to make structures, but found that the same synthetic yarn used to make killifish and rainbow spawning mops was easier to use and latched to whatever coating or mortar was used to fill in or unify the structure. Now I think waterfall pond foam is the most versatile product to use, and produces a great background in the darker tones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts