Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hopeing to find a good easy beefheart recipe(the tubs are starting to get expensive)Have a burmese upsidedown catfish that goes crazy for the stuff i bet it could eat a whole tub by itself, hense the problem the SA/CA cichlids dont even have a chance to get any.
He could eat 3to4 cubes at time and almost the only time i see it is when it comes out to eat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually feed it two to three times a week to get some size to them,also use bloodworms the other four to five times the rest of the week.In the morning i use a cichlid pellet or a good flake
and for the catfish,bichirs,and treats for the rest at night.Was trying some fresh shrimp and shrimp pellets also,with the ocasional earthworm or five.Once every two weeks i feed them a couple dozen guppies and a dozen fatheads.Just heard cichlids like variety and just mixing it up
to see what they like the best

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did feed beefheart in the past and the fish loved it; have not thought about it for a bit now though since I got rid of the large fish and started over with smaller ones. Thanks for reminding me...I will go out and get some now. I also like giving the fish a variety of foods...kind of interesting for me also to see the different reactions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts