Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else's cichlids put themselves to bed at night? My guys seem to know when bedtime is and start tucking themselves into the rocks and cave before I turn off the lights. I've never had fish do this before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine do that also, they seem to be smarter than I am about getting to bed at a reasonalbe time.

Or they are just upset that I missed their normal bed time snack.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AK runner said:
Mine do that also, they seem to be smarter than I am about getting to bed at a reasonalbe time.

Or they are just upset that I missed their normal bed time snack.
Ok, good to know I'm not just imagining things. And yes, I think they may be trying to tell me my late nights are unacceptable, especially since my big screened iMac is right next to their tank :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
mine do tht to my krib has new babies and every night before i turn the lights off she sucks up all the babies in her mouth then takes them back to the cave were she layed them. then every mornin they come back out and they start feeding around the tank

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Mine have gotten so used to their bedtime snack (which stopped about 2 weeks ago) they frequently swim near the top front of the tank for about half an hour before the timer turns the lights off. About 10 seconds after that, you'd be hard pressed to find one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts