Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Barred male convict

2338 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  BRANT13

him and his lucky girlfriend
See less See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
thanx, im not expecting many replys, cons are just to common :lol: , im actually surprised someone replyed :lol:
Fantastic specimens ya' got there, gage.
No matter how common they are, I'm always drawn to them---seeing pics like yours makes me wanna get some more and try them out again. Need more tankspace, as usual. :roll:

BV :thumb:
lol, i think almost everyone on here agrees that they need more tank space :lol: , thanx for the complement, i know what u mean, there very common, yet whenever i see one with a bigger nuchal hump (mine :p ) it makes me want more of them, i wih my pair would grow a backbone though, there not very aggressive,].
Convicts are one of my alltime favorites!! The best bang for the buck!! Very cool fish you got there. :thumb:
Convicts are one of my alltime favorites!! The best bang for the buck!! Very cool fish you got there.
funny thing is here where i live they only cost a buck or 2 :lol: this one costed me a measely 3 bux lolof course, he was much smaller back then

What a playboy. He looks great.
thanx, but correct me if im wrong, but "he" doesnt belong in playboy :lol:
convict always has a place in my heart ! still a cool fish
Nice! :thumb: Looks like a nice female dempsey lurking in there too.
how big?....and do they all develope the hump?
That convict has a really tall body! Also the ventral fins are long which is always nice to look at.
wellll....if you want replies...
here's my pair...

his portrait...

housekeeping...

and their latest spawn

See less See more
love the male, i hope my guy's hump gets as big as his
Wow....great pictures. The fish look beautiful and love the spawn pix.
BRANT13 said:
I think convicts are one of the favs just so common they are free lol.
See less See more
BRANT13 said:
BRANT13 said:
I think they get up to around 5-6". They seem to get a bit of a hump from what I've seen online. I've only had mine less than a year, so I'll see how they develop.
ya my male is only about 3 inches the female is only about 2....just curious if i shouldnt be surprised if mine develops a hump....*** never seen it.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.