Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys heres the question I have a 48 twin tube light for my 75gal
It recently stop working, can I use a ballast from home depot or does anyone know I can get one,

any help would be good

thanks

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yes Home Depot does sell the ballast.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
GTZ said:
This assumes they have one matching the specs of the dead one.
The OP said it's a 48" twin tube. Let's assume it's T8. Wouldn't any ballast from another T8 48" twin tube shoplight work? Or am I missing something?

I have had several ballasts fail over the years. I've never bought a separate ballast, but since HD sells the whole shoplight for under $10, I used to buy those cheap shoplights, take out the ballast, and trash the rest of the fixture. I've seen electronic parts outlets sell ballasts for $35!

The ballasts in my fixtures looked very different on different occasions, but were still interchangeable without any problem. However, my original lights also came from HD.

Electronic ballasts in Home Depot’s 4′ double strip fluorescent shop lights. New model (from about July 2007) at top, and old model (until about July 2007) at the bottom.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
fmueller said:
GTZ said:
This assumes they have one matching the specs of the dead one.
The OP said it's a 48" twin tube. Let's assume it's T8. Wouldn't any ballast from another T8 48" twin tube shoplight work?
Possibly. I was simply recommending he take a look at what he's replacing before going in to buy the replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts