Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've kept many, many species of cichlids in the last 28 years from pretty much all the various location groups. After shutting down all my large cichlid tanks a couple years ago, and focusing on breeding bettas, I felt the large tank "itch" again recently and picked up a second hand 135gal tank - was a custom build, and is 8ft long. For whatever reason I was sure I wanted it to be an African hap and peacock tank. Well...6-7 months later and I decided I was bored with it already. So yesterday the Africans went to a new home, and I switched the tank from African decor to American. I have a group of 6 VERY tiny baby marbled fenestratus currently hanging out in a 20gal that will be added to the tank in a couple days when it settles - I probably won't even see them again for 6 months or more, they're only 1.5" in size lol. The intention is getting a pair out of the 6 juvies as long-term residents for this tank.

Before, with Africans; and then after, for the Americans.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
She's back!
And, jumped right back into the New World Cichlid life!
And, with this kind of thing to look forward to seeing, at adult size?
-

-
Oh yeah, that'll definitely do it!

And Whew... the redecorated aquarium looks RIGHTEOUS!!! :thumb:
-
I asked in my response to your other S/A thread if you meant to change up the decor in the tank... and well, thar' it izzz! And, I do like the new look a lot. It's a makeover! I mean visually, It's just more interesting to the eye with the organic shapes of the wood, contrasting against the rock piles. Plus, the green plants definitely add a nice look and balance.
Nice work S-K, it really does look awesome! :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I'm surprisingly pleased with how it turned out. I am SUPER excited to watch these little baby fenestratus mature - the one in the photo you included is gorgeous, can't wait for my little guys to grow up. I had a female regular morph fenestratus for many years and she was beautiful. I really hope I can get a pair out of the 6 babies I have now.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I will post a picture once they're in, but you probably won't SEE them for like 6 months. But I hear they're pretty fast growers, so hopefully that pans out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts