Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 4 small frontosa. Based on what I have read here they are probably barundi. They are about 1.25 inches long right now. When I put food in the tank they suck some of it up and then spit it out most of the time. Is this normal? They looked very skinny when I got them so im not sure that they were being fed enough at the store where I got them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes, they love their brine shrimp

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ph is 7.8 ammonia and nitrites are 0. but the nitrates are pretty high right now at about 80. Working on getting that down with some water changes. I put some amazon swords in my other tank to help with the nitrates and it actually seems to be working. Im probably going to do the same in this tank.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have these fish in with a few larger fish right now. could it be they are too scared to eat. I dont see them being attacked at all or chased around. Maybe I should setup a small tank so they can get a bit bigger. Any thoughts? Maybe a 10 gallon for a month or two.

·
Registered
90 Posts
how long have they been in your tank? *** had new fronts do exactly what you describe for 10 days before they actually ate anything before

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had them since monday. They are so small so I am just worried about them getting enough to eat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it yet just keep the water quality up and try giving them different foods. mine finally gave in when i offered them frozen blood worms

1 - 9 of 9 Posts