Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh the kids are growing so fast.

Here are the baby HRP with their first spawn. Doing a great job keeping the big nasty (well maybe not so nasty) fish away. Male is a little over 2". This pair is for sale.

...Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does HRP mean Honduran Red Point? Neat looking fish, I am considering those myself. How big do they get?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Great fish Bill. How many fry did the female have? Because I know if the female is really small; if its her first time spawning, she only has a rather small clutch. My female convict only laid 20 eggs her first time.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes HRP in general have small spawns. She had about 20 and another pair had about the same.

Both pairs are doing a great job for their first time.

....Bill

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow, your HRPs are almost the spittin' image of what was sold to me as Convicts. What distinguishes HRPs from Convicts? Can you tell me if mine really are
convicts or are they HRPs? Here's a couple pics and a video of mostly momma with her fry.

Dad

Momma

Vid of mostly Momma with the fry
http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq33 ... CN4467.mp4

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Cons Jean.

Mine are very young and not fully colored yet. HRP tend to have bluer bodies with red fins and tail. In breeding dress they get more white/lighter and lose the red in the fins. They are also longer and skinnier, and Cons are shorter and taller. Hrp are not as aggressive and a little smaller. The females tend to have less color on the belly. Mine have very slight gold if anything.

Here is dad and what they will look like as they mature.

....Bill

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ah...I see. Thanks for the clarification! They sure are amazing parents, aren't they?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Nice pair Bill! My female HRP has never shown any bars like yours. Does this occur when breeding? Here is a pic of my girl.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya Jean. It always amazes me how their instincts tell them what to do.

Thats a beautiful female Phishes. Looks like very good quality like my male.

The female I had (mom) lost alot of her stripes when not breeding, which was not that often. Not as much as yours or my male though.

....Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts