Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have breeding pair of cichlids and the first batch of fry is now 3 months old and are about half to 3/4 of an inch long. and the parents just hatched about 2000 eggs. i have 80 t0 100 of the grown fry. when can i start to sell them off. its a never ending cycle of babies.the first batch are eating flake food and some very small feeders.they are flowerhorn and parrot fish mix, wasnt intending for them to breed it just started to happen and its not stopping.pls help me out .

·
Registered
116 Posts
agreed, get the parents away from each other and I really don't think you should sell any of the fry unless they are going to be feeders, you could keep one or two of the babies and see what they end up looking like for personal interest but the hybrid fry should not be passed on to others.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Agreed, don't sell them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wasnt asking for opion's on the fish i keep just wanted answer to my question. and that was how big do they have to be to start getting rid of them.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
By posting questions on a forum you are asking for opinions. You implied you wanted them to stop breeding in your post, only way to do that is separate them.

Why promote hybrids?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.