Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all

after the 8th day in the breeding tank 20 galons the babys yelow lab grow up .

yesterday i found the aulonocara without eggs in her mouth so i moved her in 101 gallons tank

Also i put in the tank the same rock whit a lot of cave that she was use for shelter i am wrong.
At the end of the 7th day i open her mouth and the eggs was there

What do you thng happend

a) She have eaten the eggs as she was to young female 7 cm?
b)She spit the fry and hide in the rock ?
c)perhaps the eggs was not fertilized ?
d)who many days after the spawing i must move the female?

Do you thng that she can spawing again?

Sorry but is the second time that i lose the change to breed aulonocara for my hobby .
i snd a video of my tank to cichlid forum

evangelos 1969
larissa greece

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hi.

It could be A, B,or C. Any of these are possible and happen frequantly.

I usually leave mum in the tank for first 2 weeks and then remove. Most of the though i leave her in for 18 days and then strip her becuase i don't have enough tank space these days.

Just to add i have paid attention to your last post and must say that there is a good chance that the fry from the Aulanocara will not be a mixed species. The peacocks will be cross breeding with each other so you should not sell the fry!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnk you for your interesting gibbs

now i have alone all the babys lab in the 20 galons

For the moment in the 101 galons i did not see any fry or a female with eggs perhaps happend a)

in the evenig the male aulonocara blue head yelow body blue and brown stripe shoulder whit on top was diging a nest
what i should do to spawning a) good change of water 50% and no feed for 2-3 days?
b)feeding with frozen food artemis and mysis

I send a video in robert in cichlid forum but you need xvid codec to see so if you see i wait your remarks

have a nice evening

evangelos1969

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I find that a) works well for breeding but don't expect the female that has just spit her eggs to hold for another month or so. Maybe another female will hold, you will just ahve to wait and see

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello gibbs

i am very greateful for your reply

the thing is that i did not wait for to long only for 8 days for the moment i have seen the aulonocara with eggs in mouth the 7 th day the was there i open her mouth.....but the 8th day no eggs.

mabe it was better to strip her earlier but i dont have any breeding equipment so i was waiting like the yelow lab to see litle fish in her mouth am i wrong?
What you suggest?

the video is general for all tnk so mabe i try to upload in photobucket.

The peacocks will be cross breeding with each other so you should not sell the fry! Why you say that i am not a lfs or trader

Sticking feathers in your butt and crowing all day, does not make you a chicken! Who said that can you explain me if you want is mean sommething about the efort for knowledge and experience

you can ask me everything you want.

Have a nice evening

evangelos1969
greece

1 - 5 of 5 Posts