Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe your eyes are better than mine and I am sure most of you have loads more experiance than me seeing as how I just boughy my first round of Cichlids a months or two ago, so I need your help. I was certain this was an Auratus, MALE also. Now not so sure some think it is a M.Chipokea? They look very similiar. So please tell me what kind it is and if it's male or female. It gets VERY dark at times and when it does the yellow line on the top of his "head" are goes black and it looks very much like a black fish with yellow tips?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! :fish:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 45b242d3ee

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I was making sure it still was lol.....no seriously....is this a good fish or not? I want to have nice cichlids...but just getting started....I already know my tank is all wrong...and you think it's a male?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It didn't use to be aggressive at all...but like the other day all four of my cichlids just got a mean streak in them...starting to chase the other fish? Good I mean as in not a low class cichlid, good to start out with ect., I don't have a 5 foot tank either it's 55 gal., 4ft. I think? He (thought it was a he :thumb: ) started getting aggressive the other day and is running around the walls going crazy? NEVER STOPS! IT was so hard to get pics of him because he never stops moving, back and forth up and down the walls.......Thanks for all your help and I didn't order these fish from just any LFS, I know the owner of my LFS and he specially ordered these for me but don't know where from? He doesn't do cichlids on a normal basis and I didn't know what differences cichlids were at the time and he ordered 8 "RANDOM" cichlids and I picked 4, he happened to be one of them?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yep. He's going to be pretty rambunctious and likely fight/seriously injure a few other fish in a tank that size. He's not "low-class," and chipokae are actually quite beautiful, in my opinion... But in a tank that small, even having a simple breeding colony (1m:7-8f) would likely not work. Just too small to contain those levels of aggression.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts