Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the difference between the above and a aluonocara blue neon thanks all.. :thumb:

G

·
nonowt said:
can anyone tell me the difference between the above and a aluonocara blue neon thanks all.. :thumb:
Well first I'd like to point out that the Usisya variant is actually of the species stuartgranti.

The 'Flavescent' peacock has a yellow "torso/body", with a blue head and a black dorsal fin with white edging. Here are several pictures of them:

And here's the profile link (which also has more photos):
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... php?id=672

The Blue neon peacock applies to MANY stuartgranti variants. They all seem to primarily have the same or very similar colors with some physical differences. Here's a few pictures of different one's I've seen labeled as blue neon, neon violet, etc:
Undu Point

Ungi

Lundu

Hai Reef:

Wikihi:

Chiwindi:

Really the biggest and most obvious difference in my opinion between the blue neon variants and the Usisya variant is the dorsal fin coloring. I hope the images I posted help you tell the difference between them all.

~Ed

·
Registered
495 Posts
Usisya's come from the north west coast and grow larger due to a high diet of insect's.. Blue neons come from North east coast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts