Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have these juveniles growing up - they came in around 2" without any color. This is the largest male of the bunch, and all males look like this. Supposed to be walteri, but they don't look like it to me. I've only seen walteri a handfull of times. Looks more like Lemon Jake. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
It's most certainly not a walteri.

At this point, I can't say for certain it's a Lemon Jake. Maybe a bunch more pictures could help.

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Does look like Lemon Jake. What do you know about the source? A seller who would have pure fish that could have sent the wrong batch? Lemon Jake juveniles do look somewhat distinct for Aulonocara, but I don't know if you can trust that you got pure fish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Source is more or less trustworthy, just wanted to be sure it absolutely wasn't a walteri before I contacted them. Bummer because it's 6 months wasted, but mistakes happen. Hopefully that's all this is.

I can try for more pictures, but I'm not sure it'll happen soon. I'm not pressed to do anything with these so I'll probably leave them to continue growing and see how they look when it warms up and they start showing their full colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts