Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"the least aggressive of peacocks"

I have had mine for a few months now and although not a tyrant, he is tank boss....the only guy giving him a run is my Lwanda which is a bit smaller.

Anyway, to date one of the most stunning fish i have kept, its not so much the yellow blaze but the bluish/purplish color of the body. very underestimated fish.

i suggest you try it.

M

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have blue orchids (kandese), which are also considered a mild and "dwarf" peacock. Mine, fortunately, read their write-up and are incredibly nice to each other. I actually have a colony of 3M-5F in a 45 gallon with no issues and all three males beautiful and big!

·
Registered
256 Posts
My male is pretty calm but he will set the other fish straight when he needs to. I agree the coloration on the body is quite fantastic. Great fish. Growing out some babies with more on the way.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how my Maylandi would react if i would add a Kandese to the tank

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Mine has not colored up. I've grown him out from very small, had him for about 14-16 months. He's in an all-male setup and never been dominant. Thinking about putting him in another tank for a while to see if he colors up for me. Disappointing because I really like the maylandi/kandese color patterns.

·
Registered
87 Posts
mine has been in a all male tank for about 4 months now. He almost lowest in rank but the last few weeks he has dramatically changed color from silver with a dull yellow strip to grayish black with a blue mouth blue highlights in his scales and nice orange stripe. ill try to get a shot of him this weekened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts