Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if I could add Jac ( hongi) to my 4ft. 55g??

I already have 2 Pseudotropheus demasoni (Pombo Rocks), four Labidochromis caeruleus (Lion's Cove II) ,soco. "albino". I looked at the jacs and fell in love with them.

If so what would I feed them as they are carnivors.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Two demasoni and they aren't slaughtering each other? :eek: :lol:

If you were to add a peacock - just feed them what you feed everything else. They will do fine on whatever you feed everything else.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why_spyder said:
Two demasoni and they aren't slaughtering each other? :eek: :lol:

If you were to add a peacock - just feed them what you feed everything else. They will do fine on whatever you feed everything else.
They are still small yet and really aren't sure if the are the smaller Dems. I will be getting more of them though. my LFS didn't have a good selection of them. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Aulonocara jacobfriebergi are one of the more aggressive Peacocks. Sometimes they work in a 4ft tank, sometimes they are too aggressive, but you would definately need at least three females to even attempt it.

What are you currently feeding your fish?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ Currently some flakes that I've purchased from a breeder who also sold me the Jacs.
The formula in the flakes are Sprillia, Krill, and Plankton. I also through in alge wafer pearls and frozen peas as a treat some times. ^^^

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
That food should suffice for all of your fish, maybe add in a high quality pellet such as Dainichi or New Life Spectrum.

I like your avatar picture. It looks like my fish. :lol:

·
Registered
495 Posts
ya i think those breeding groups will work together but you will also have to ad females to the existing groups.. A few for sure female yellow labs and alot of female dem's will ensure that each species keeps to their own..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fogelhund said:
That food should suffice for all of your fish, maybe add in a high quality pellet such as Dainichi or New Life Spectrum.

I like your avatar picture. It looks like my fish. :lol:
Oh ok thanks... Could I add the pellets with the flakes? Or use the flakes up and switch to the pellets? No one around me sells it so I have to get it online. The avy just might be your fish cause I can't remember where I got it from. When I first started my tank I had him in my mind.
Thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts