Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw auloconara rostratum "long nose" peacocks being sold at about 6" in size for $40 and was considering them as my next fish purchase.

does anyone know much about them? how is their temperment? so far i have a 110% peaceful group with an electric blue hap, a sunshine peacock, and otter point peacock, an acei, and a group of 4 small yellow labs. is this a good compatible fish for what i have? i've heard they are very peaceful but was hoping to hear from someone first hand.

they are a much lighter blue and shaped much differently than my electric blue so i don't know how much of a concern that would be? my s. fryeri is EXTREMELY laid back. he has never concerned himself with any fish that's been with him.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Looks like a hybrid to me. The head is dead on for a compressiceps or something. A google search of that name pulled up this thread and this thread alone, too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
not a hybrid. they are a real species of peacock they are even in the profile section of this site. a couple of the site sponsers carry them.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
They get large, around 8". If you are re-stocking a 50 gal., I would avoid the Rostratum because of it's size.

As for temperament, (from my experience) they are generally laid back if they enough space.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'll be ******. Maybe it was because I included the whole name instead of just the scientific name. My apologies.

EDIT: Cracking up at the auto-censor. Forsaken. I'm Old Testament, now. ;)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
LOL! Dielikemoviestars, at least you have an excuse. I don't, I just type too fast. :p
(Edit to my original post)

DanniGirl said:
As for temperament, (from my experience) they are generally laid back if they <HAVE> enough space.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
This is for a 50 gallon tank? What are the dimensions? When you say them... are you thinking of just getting a single male?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts