Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LFS just got a batch of these in. I don't know much about them expect from what I have read here - http://www.allcichlids.com/lake_victori ... dens_.html I have a male 180g hap/peacock tank. Are these compatable? Anyone successfully keep them with Haps and peacocks? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I have one with haps and peacocks. He is the most aggressive and the most active, but he is OK so far. Only five months at this point.

More experienced fishkeepers here thought it would work.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DJ. The ones in the LFS are juveniles and are about 3" I would say. I have a few others in the tank quite a bit larger, so I'm not too worried about aggression at this point, especially with my Fusco in the tank. Some of the ones in the LFS are starting to show rainbow type colors. As with most africans, does this determine the fish to be male? Just want to make sure before I buy one.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
RGR, like DJ, I also have had a zebra in with haps and peacocks for a short time. He is 4" and seems to be getting along just fine with all the others, but he is one of the most active. The zebra males will show yellow and some red on their flanks, and mine even has a hint of some dark green around his face. The females will only get some yellow on their flanks along with the black stripes. I've got a species tank going right now with some 2" juvies I picked up at an auction, and they are high strung as well.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
My obliq is also 3" and in a tank with an 8" really-huge, too-huge-for-the-tank borleyi...he is still the most aggressive. I'm not taking him out...but since you asked, that is his behavior.

I thought the fusco needed to be king to show good colors? Maybe I am mixing the fusco up with another hap.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Had 1 male/5 females in with Rusty cichlids and yellow labs. They all got along fine, and the
Obliques were fry-making machines! The females would hold until they nearly starved and I had to strip. I would get 30-40 fry from them after they matured. I liked them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had some Obliques with some mubuna and venustus with no problems. The obliques are one of my favorite fish to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts