Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever mix arowanas with red devils, dovis, trimacs, red terrors etc..? If so do they get along?

Can arowanas hold their own with cichlids?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Yes, but tank size is everything. You've got to provide enough swim space for the aro and provide enough space for territories for the cichlids. In the long run a massive tank is required just for the aro.. Aros usually will not fight back with a cichlid, they just flee. I'm not saying it can't be done, just consider the tank space needed. I'd say at a minimum something with the foot print of 10'x3' and a bit tall to give the aro the swim space should do it. something in the 3' tall range would work :thumb:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they look so fragile i cant see how they could kill another fish other then by swallowing it whole? Could never see one hurting or doing anything to a large Cichlid. I always saw them as dither fish like a tinfoil barb or bala shark just with a bigger mouth!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
They do have super sharp teeth. You'll know when you get bitten by one :) Or see a 2 incher bite the fins off 10 silver dollars it was kept with(Luckily they survived without serious damage)

Ted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.