Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
The price is fair, but you are going to spend a good amount on bulbs. You might check catalina aquarium lights out. You can choose the bulbs you want at just a little more than that set up.

I have been playing with 2 75's that have all of the plants you have plus some. I run T5HO lighting. My tanks are in the living room so having lights on a lot is almost necessary. I started with 4 bulb T5HO fixtures. 1 10k, 1 actinic, 2 plant grow bulbs in each fixture. After a bunch of messing around, I have come up with this.....

I run just the actinic from 7am - 12pm. ONE 6500K plant grow from 12pm-8pm. The back to the actinic until 10. 10pm moonlights come on. It's a little unconventional, and I really like Africans with 10K and actinic, but the 10K bulbs just bring the algae. The actinic alone makes the tank a medium blue color. The fish stay active and its better than no lights on. If I run 2 plant grow bulbs it increases the algae also.... I discovered what lighting works on my tank kind of by accident. I went traveling and a 10K bulb stopped working on one tank. When I got home, the burned bulb tank was nice and clean. The other tank that had the 10k working was an algae farm.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.