Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Again Everyone :)

I really want to know : Are any FROZEN FISH FOODS on the market good for all Sand-dweller cichlids and also Shell-dwellers cichlids such as Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Ocean Plankton, Mysis Shrimp, and so on.

I saw some cichlid guide books were written that Bloodworm is SUPER bad for any Tanganyika cichlids, but some books were written it is Ok ONLY for some species that are predators, and ONLY some FROZEN FISH FOODS company that are SUPER clean such as HIKARI, and also still cannot feed them too often. Is that true? Also, Brine Shrimp is not good for some species as well, but some predators species can eat with no any problems. Is this true? Umm..and, some books said Asprotilapia Leptura cannot feed with any FROZEN FISH FOODS at all. It will get big problem with their digestive systems if you feed them. Is that true?

Most of the guide books said the Cyclops and Zooplankton are the best for all Tanganyika cichlids, but they are SUPER small. How I can feed to all my Tanganyika cichlids because some of my cichlids are big?

Which FROZEN FISH FOODS are the BEST for any Tanganyika Sand-dweller and also Shell-dweller cichlids, and Which FROZEN FISH FOODS are the worst one? I have some Xenotilpia Spilopterus, Mabilibili and some other Sand-dweller and Shell-dweller cichlids right now, so I really want to make sure WHICH ONE SHOULD I FEED THEM and WHICH ONE I should NOT feed them. I really love them very much and I don't really want to see them die.

Can someone really help me for all these questions? I really want to know, so I know what I should do and should not do. It will be greatly appreciated. I will wait for all respond from everyone. Thank you so much again.

Bunthid or Max :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
I use all of the foods you mentioned with no problems. However, don't feed these, esp blood worm to tropheus. For sand dwellers and shellies though I don't see a problem. Just make sure you use a reputable brand.
The only problem I have had which was possibly down to frozen food usage was an outbreak of Hydra in my shellie tank many years ago, but that was easily solved. I would say that a decent pellet/flake should be the main food fed, with frozen just an occasional treat (say once or twice a week).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not sure about sand dwellers as I have cave dwellers. However, I treat mine a couple times a month with frozen krill. They LOVE it, and no problems yet. In fact, twice after I gave them a treat of krill I had a spawn. Just coincidence? Who knows.

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
Mysis shrimp is good. Not really necessary though, a good staple food like New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula will meet nutritional needs.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the key is variety. Right now in my fishroom, I have NLS flake, Kens earthworm flake and dried bloodworms, Cycyopseeezzzzeee :) , frozen bloodworms, frozen freshwater mysis, Kens algae pellets and golden pearls. I make sure they get NLS flake 3-4 times a week, and randomly pick the other foods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts