Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a ad where someone was gonna flush all there fish (terrible i know) so i grabbed them and put them in my not in use 30gal . but im pretty sure there all breed from one each other not sure which are the parents there several diff sizes a total of about 27 of them not sure what t do with them!! do pet stores take them i want to ad a few more tanks but im moving in a few months when i separate from the army and don't wanna have to move more than i already do

·
Registered
67 Posts
if we lived closer I would ask to purchase some of them, for some reason it is impossible to find pink convicts anywhere in southern california.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I agree with Craigslist.

Mom and Pop LFS (hard to find these days) may give you store credit for some. The large chain stores are not allowed to buy fish but may take them for free.

GL....Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would be more than happy to adopt some of those fish. I have a tank that is not in use and I have been looking into some new fish to get. Have you posted on Craigslist already?

·
Registered
532 Posts
MonteSS said:
The large chain stores are not allowed to buy fish
Yep. Every chain store I went to and asked they said they are not allowed to buy/accept any fish from anyone other then their breeder. I'm friends with the guy who runs the fish department at Petco and he says that they only carry the fish that the breeder has, and he can't even order convicts.

My cons produce 2 or 3 clutches of fry a month, and some guy at another Petco said he would take a few, but they are for his own personal use. It doesn't bother me at all, every fish I have readily eats the con fry. Even my 1 month old con fry eat some fry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts