Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - has anyone ever had an Aqueon Pro heater split open all the way down the side from top to bottom? I've never seen a heater just crack open before. Somehow, it's still working perfect, and keeping the tank at exactly 80 degrees just as it always has. I sure as **** won't be touching the water until it's unplugged and out of there though! I'm just glad I saw it before reaching my hands in for any reason.

See the attached picture... sorry for the terrible quality and all the microbubbles - my water level is quite low right now so it makes for pretty crappy pictures.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
I haven't heard of this issue with the Aqueon Pro series heaters but would stop using it since it is damaged. If you still have the receipt or even if you don't, contact Aqueon to see if they will send you a replacement. It is possible that there is a problem similar to the Stealth heaters that were recalled in 2016?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reached out to Aqueon so I'll see what they say. I know they typically have great customer service (which is why I only buy their heaters). I had one of their heaters fail in the past with a flashing light code, and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just an observation from many decades and dozens of heaters later. Regardless of waterproof or fully submersible claims, I have found heaters last significantly longer if you keep the controls high and dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.