Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any info on this piece of equipment, i saw it on amazon an was thinking about getting it but am worried on how to use it. i mean if its pumping sink tap water back into my tank as i clean it won't that harm my fish if i don't treat it as i am doing it. or do i take out the fish while doing this. some info would be helpful guys thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Best purchase I have made. Bought the 25 foot one from amazon. Just make sure you have a big enough sink or your water will overflow. When filling your tank back up you just treat the water before you start to fill it. Get a good, reliable conditioner like Seachem Prime. Each capful of Prime treats 50 gallons of water, its well worth the extra couple of bucks. When you treat the water you have to go by the total volume of water. I have a 90 Gallon tank and usually do weekly 50% water changes (45 Gallons) so instead of just one capful, I use two because my total volume is close to 100 gallons. The Aqeuon product is very durable, I highly recommend it, I have been using for 5 months and haven't had one problem with my water parameters or my fish.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks wlyons this may make my purchase of this a little more easy we are considering it cause doing the 75 like we have been doing our 40 an 20 gallon tanks will be a pain an something more faster would be awesome.
i suppose someone doing a video of them using this while doing an water change showing what all needs to be done would be helpful i haven't found one online yet.

·
Registered
509 Posts
These water changing devices are hands down the top recommended tool you need to have in your fish keeping toolbox.

You hook it up to your sink and switch the valving so that the water flows through the sink connection but not into the siphon hose. (I would imagine it is some sort of one way valve here). The water passing by the siphon hose creates suction in the siphon hose that allows water to be drawn into it and then into the sink.

When you are done draining you treat your whole tank volume with your dechlorinator of choice, make sure the tap water is the right temperature, and then reverse the valves on the water changer so water flows from the sink to your tank.

Once you see the hose and read the instructions they provide it should be clear how it all works. If not just ask here :thumb:

·
Registered
869 Posts
The Aqueon product is a cheaper knock off of the Python No Spill Water Changer.

In my opinion, I like the Python one better because the hose is much more flexible and easier to handle especially when rolling up to put away.

I am sure they both work just fine in terms of draining water and refilling.

I'd pay the extra money to get the Python No Spill system.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dotbomb
grood answer an i am appreciative of it bro, yea i was just curious as to what the thing is lol we was like how do you do it lol but now that its been explained a lil bit i think i get it an yea this will be something that we get for sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Agree the Python is more flexible and easier to work with. The valve on the Aqeuon is less leaky though. I have both and have gone back to using the Python.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome guys loved the video it was very helpful i am deff getting one now lol
still i will do a vid of me using the aquaron an show if it leaks or anything.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I've had 2 Aqueon 50 footers. I broke the first one.

Quite happy with it on the whole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts