Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just a few questions on stocking levels for the tank, it's a fluval Roma 200 litre (52.8 US gallon, 44 imperial gallons) size 100 x 40 x 50 cm (l x w x h). I've upgraded the filter to a fluval fx4. Tank has been running for about 5 months.

I was told I should be looking at 15-20 cichlids such as yellow labs and demasoni for example. Various fish shops told me these fish would be ok for my size tank. However, after some research I've found the only really suitable cichlids would be dwarf cichlids such as pseudotropheus saulosi. So I've got 7 Saulosi (1 male, 6 female) in the tank with 3 synodontis petricola. All of getting on fine and water parameters are fine. I was wondering if there was any scope for adding a few more saulosi to the tank.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Welcome to C-F

You can definitely add more Saulosi. You may find multiple males won't coexist in your tank, but it's worth a shot. I'd look to add more juveniles, and perhaps a 2nd species like Iodotropheus Sprengerae.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Are there any other dwarf species other than the rusty cichlid that would also be suitable.

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
This is a 40 inch tank. I think even the rusties are a stretch...I would do just the saulosi.

There are not too many mbuna that are small and peaceful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.