Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I currently have a 55 gallon, which is parallel to the wall. I am moving into a smaller apartment and I am thinking of converting the tank into a room divider, aka perpendicular to the wall. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good stands that would look good from either side. Most of the stands look good if you are just facing it and open in the back. Also, I'm looking for something a bit nicer that a simple metal frame. I live in NYC, so DIY is pretty much out. Any ideas or links would be super helpful. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
If your current stand is the stock wooden one sold for the tank, you can try and find doors that match the existing ones and hang them on the back side of the stand though you may have to add some trim pieces to match. Best bet for this method is to pick up the same stand used and just transfer the existing front facade to your stand. This would involve having access to some tools to accomplish the fix and you mentioned not doing any DIY.

You could also use some fabric to create a curtain across the back side of the tank as a temporary fix until you find a stand that fits your needs.

What are your plans to hide any filters, hoses and cords since they will be seen from either side of the tank?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Another option would be to have a shop that does millwork/custom cabinetry build something to your spec.

Probably would be fairly pricey tho ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Thanks. Yea I might be able to fashion some doors to the other side. I like that idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts