Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow cichlid keepers. I'm fairly new to your forum but not to fish keeping or cichlid keeping. But I have a question regarding large aquarium brands. So within the next several months I'm planning on upgrading my 110g tank to either a 150 or 180. I've been doing my research & homework on different tanks and fumind pros and cons with ecery one of them. Even considered having a custom tank made but I don't think I will go that route because I just really want standard shape nothing special. So my question is from experience is there a particular tank brand any one could recommend? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

·
2,088 Posts
I've had both Marineland (Perfecto) and Aqueon (All-Glass) for years. Can't speak for other brands, but generally both brands have worked for me. My two large tanks now happen to both be Marineland, as I was able to get a slightly better price on them. Other people here have used glasscages.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've 180g Aqueon All-Glass for past 8 years that I purchased from CL (~2-3 yrs old that time). Still looks very good. Now I've a smaller one from Marineland with black silicone that looks a little nicer and also had a nice deal. Thus, quality-wise I prefer the older Aqueon one but visually the new Marineland one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and reply to my question. I do appreciate it. As an update im still on the hunt for a good deal within a reasonable driving distance & searching all those buy my stuff sites like letgo etc. So far the best deals *** found im either too late on or are outta my willingness to drive. But im hoping patience pays

·
Registered
6 Posts
All Glass (Aqueon) makes a phenomenal stock tank. Perfecto makes a serviceable cheap tank with some rough finish to it at an accessible price. They both hold water. I just got a SeaPora tank for the first time and im impressed with it. Hagen also makes phenomenal tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts