Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running one of these? I picked one up and I have to say the thing works great.. Cleaned the surface of my tank in about 15 minutes and its crystal clear but I seem to have a problem. I can't get the Aquaclear to stop sucking in air.. All i can hear at the top of the intake tube and can actually see is an airpocket and you can constantly hear it sucking air.. I've tried to adjust it every single way and still can't stop it from doing that..

Anyone know how to fix it or have any tips to have it stop sucking air?

Here is a picture, you can see at the top the intake doesnt seem to be sucking in enough water and no matter what adjustment I use it still doesnt..

If there is no way to get around this ill probably just use the regular attachment then when my surface needs to be cleaned hook this up and let it run for a bit then remove it. :?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I have one, but I'm running it on my XP2 instead of my AC70.
Try submerging the skimmer (and float) for a while and see if the bubble goes through the filter.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to try it on my eheim 2217 but the adapter looks too big or too small. I will try that

·
Registered
361 Posts
Submerging the whole skimmer portion at start-up usually works for me. Once it starts running normally, pull the skimmer part above the water line, and drop it back down to get it to float. Never had a problem doing it this way.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys going to try this

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This worked :thumb: What I had to do was pull out the skimmer from the intake, hold down the plunger under the water and wait for the air to get out of the filter. Then once all the air was out, hook the skimmer back up to the intake while making sure the plunger stayed under the water. Then slowly made it float and got it to a perfect setting were enough water is coming in, no air is getting sucked and and its not making that bubbling sound :thumb: I can't believe how well this thing works for 12 bucs :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts