Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see much posted about cleaning the inside of the glass. Does anyone use anything? To date, I have not felt the need to clean mine but am starting to see areas that could probably use a wipe down when I am draining the water.

Care to share?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I used to use a magnet cleaner but started finding I was starting to scratch the glass. I now use Seachem's Algae Pads. They do a great job.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
zimmy said:
I used to use a magnet cleaner but started finding I was starting to scratch the glass. I now use Seachem's Algae Pads. They do a great job.
How long do they usually last Zimmy? Are they a one shot deal? I just read a review that said they are great for getting algae out of scratches.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
noddy said:
How long do they usually last Zimmy? Are they a one shot deal? I just read a review that said they are great for getting algae out of scratches.
I've been using the same one for about a year and there's no sign of it needing replacement (they come in a pack of 3). You just squeeze them under the tap after using them to get all the gunk off and they're as good as new.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
zimmy said:
noddy said:
I've been using the same one for about a year and there's no sign of it needing replacement (they come in a pack of 3). You just squeeze them under the tap after using them to get all the gunk off and they're as good as new.
Thanks. I'll try them out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ironspider said:
My Pleco does a great job.
+1

And it appears it was water deposits/stains in the shape of my plecos' mouths that I was seeing when the tank is drained.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zimmy said:
This was my concern when I opened the package of the magnet cleaner I bought and found a velcro type surface. I used a polishing pad between the magnet and glass and it removed the water stains perfectly. Thanks for posting that. :thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts