Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LFS got about 6 or 8 Apitogramma Hongsloi. They look pretty good but I have never kept these little guys before. I have a 36 gallon corner bowfront now that has 5 otto's 8 neon tetra's and a handful of fancy guppies. I was thinking about ading 3 or 4 of the Apisto's. Anyone have any experience with them or any recomendations.
thanks

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
If that is your tank in your profile, you may want to add some plants and driftwood to it. Lowlight plants such as Java fern, Java moss and Anubis are fine. You could also add in some small terracota pots.

While apistogramma may be small, they are still cichlids and can be aggressive with thier own species. You need to provide the fish with enough territories for them to be comfortable.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have four that I move around a bit. Currently in a 26g with black neons. Mine are pretty small. I think I have 2 confirmed males, 1 possible female and 1 not sure. They are all best buddies and no fighting at all. No breeding behavior either. They are up front and much more sociable then my wild Apistos

They were also fine in a 10g for a while since they get along.

heres a vid

....Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts