Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am setting up and will be maintaining a 10 gallon Apistogramma cacatuoides tank for my sister. The tank has 50% tap water 50% distilled water (don't know the exact parameters, but we live in the same town and my tap water has a TDS in the 40's). Here is the tank:
Photo08171106.jpg
Have any suggestions for improvements? Personally I think it needs more caves and needs to be a tad darker (though as the floating plants grow the latter problem should fix itself). Thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
The floating plants are certainly a good idea. Generally plants are good. Apistogramma like to hide out, and I assume they won't be able to get into that dense clump of moss. Also, it's difficult to see what's the object on the right. If that is something like a solid rock, I would replace it by something that has caves. There is about twice as much gravel in that tank than you need to grow plants. If you don't want to grow plants that need substrate,you can use even less. All it will do is trap dirt. I'd take at least half of it out. And be careful that neither you nor the fish go blind from looking at the pink and purple pebbles. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.