Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I was wondering if anyone had thoughts about this fish. I bought him very small as a guaranteed male Apache Peacock, Once he started to get color, I began to question whether he was an Apache, but recently he has grown out to not even look like a peacock. I know the picture is not great, but he has good color with a redish body and blueish face. He is generally a pretty peaceful but dominant fish, but he does not get a long with a slightly larger old Borleyi.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
A so called "Apache" is a hybrid mix that varies. I've tried googling what they are supposed to look like from those who sell it and the pictures look like completely different fish. Either like a Sulfur Head type, or Red Shoulder type, or somewhere inbetween.

So he probably is an "Apache" as far as the seller is concerned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting; thanks! I hadn't considered that and always thought of an Apache Peacock as blue, Either way, he's a nice fish and now I know what to call him!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.