Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is an easy one for all your Central American freaks ! I was at the LFS and saw a pair of these , I'm not sure what these are nor how big they will get , etc . so I refrained from purchasing them . Thanks for the help !

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
No, actually nothing easy about identifying this one. Midas-cichlid 'complex' no doubt, but with over a dozen species described already, and many more to come, it's virtually impossible to be absolutely certain which one it is.

Looks like Amphilophus hogaboomorum, but especially under aquarium conditions, it is very possible for one of the many closely related species to look like the other. With out it being known already what it is, and with out a known collection point, it's very difficult to say for certain which it is.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After googling it , it does look alot like Amphilophus hogaboomorum . These are very large fish ... my guess 8 inches . These aren't mine , they are at a LFS . The guy has no idea where they are from as they were brought in by some customer , so who knows ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts