Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've recently changed a Fluval 205 for an Eheim 2213 and love it. The water is much clearer and the canister seems to require less cleaning. Oh, and it's quieter!

My 2213 is in a 200l (3'3") community tank with plenty of plants and I think it's just about right. The spraybar gives out enough flow without battering the fish around. I would, however, go for a larger filter if I had a larger tank as I doubt I'd be happy with the 2213 in anything larger.

Make sure you get the quick connect valves when you buy teh filter, these will make cleaning/priming far easier after the initial set-up :thumb:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Definitely a quality filter and I like it better than any other filter I've had. Definitely need the cutoffs as well. I use a single 2217 on a 75 as the only filter. I have had it several years and at times it has be a very heavily stocked tank. As many as 35 Mbuna at one point. Far more fish than I liked for the space available but the filter carried it fine. I often go two months without rinsing. I normally judge when to clean it by looking through the canister sides at how much grunge is building up inside as well as judging the waterflow. When water flow begins to drop, I know I need to clean. I also test and monitor the water frequently. I find it much handier to test the water quality than to tear down and clean the filter more often than needed. As my fish stocking varies up and down, being able to see what is inside the filter without opening is an asset to me.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have been using the same 2 2217's on my 180g tank since 1988. They do a great job filtering my water.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had two on my 90 gallon in the early 90's; they just do the job. Quality and quiet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.