Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been reading around on multiple sights, and a lot of them have talked about how yellow labs have 2 natural habitats, rocky areas and planted (val.) areas. So i was wondering if anyone has ever had a planted yellow lab set up, if so pictures or how it worked for you would be great!

Any and all feedback is great.
Thanks, pumh

·
Registered
176 Posts
are you talking about live or fake plants? if live plants im pretty sure the labs would eat the plants in no time

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I've kept Labs and many other cichlids with plants, including vals. Having said that, I've never heard before that Labidochromis naturally come from those areas of the lake that have Vallisneria. Where did you see this reference, as I would be interested to see it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
In my 125's, I keep one side planted and the other rockey. The labs spend time on both sides and will occasionally eat a bit of plant. The Acei on the other hand will strip a stem from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.