Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have something similar who is starting to get some yellow coloring on it’s underbody by the gills and somenlwhat into the head. I have not been able to get an id either.
Vertebrate Water Green Nature Botany

Water Vertebrate Nature Botany Organism

Plant Botany Nature Leaf Fin

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have something similar who is starting to get some yellow coloring on it’s underbody by the gills and somenlwhat into the head. I have not been able to get an id either.
View attachment 142507
Looks like a Kenyi male transitioning into adult colors. I tried to get a tank with 1m, 7f and dreaded each time I saw another with male colors coming through on what I previously hoped was a female.

• Haha
Reactions: dubbgee

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like a Kenyi male transitioning into adult colors. I tried to get a tank with 1m, 7f and dreaded each time I saw another with male colors coming through on what I previously hoped was a female.
I have thought that but this fella seems to have been past the juvenile stage and is about 3 inches now…although I really don't know for sure it’s age, it has only been recent it’s egg spots started showing up. I do have another that looks to be a Kenyi I hope it’s a female. I have a ton of males in my tank.
Fish supply Organism Pet supply Marine biology Electric blue

Botany Underwater Plant Organism Purple

Marine invertebrates Natural material Plant Organism Body of water

Green Organism Underwater Water Fish supply

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have thought that but this fella seems to have been past the juvenile stage and is about 3 inches now…although I really don't know for sure it’s age, it has only been recent it’s egg spots started showing up. I do have another that looks to be a Kenyi I hope it’s a female. I have a ton of males in my tank.
Mine somehow wound up having disproportionately more males than females, but having more than one male just didn't seem to work even in my 180gal. I also had labeotropheus trewavasae with beautiful red/rust color in the tank. But I got tired of trying with the Kenyi and changed the tank to SA fish.

Reactions: dubbgee
1 - 11 of 11 Posts