Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's about 6" and not overly aggressive. Every now and then him and my Auratus will squabble and his true colors show. Kinda of an ugly fish that wears on ya. His yellow and black on the fins really come out and all in all kinda of a neat fish. I like it much better than my pitch black carbro which happens to be the dominate one of the tank.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that is correct, that would be my Obliquiden Zebra. I'm trying to find out what the fish directly above that one is.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Pseudotropheus Tropheops, as to what location, not sure, could be a RedCheek, RedFin. But the mouth is off a little. i reserve the right to change my prognosis at anytime!

Quite a hodge-podge of fish, sir.
Aulunocaras, mbuna, Vics....
Keep an eye on the Crabro, those adult males can be killers if one starts to go nutters! Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iwade4fish said:
Pseudotropheus Tropheops, as to what location, not sure, could be a RedCheek, RedFin. But the mouth is off a little. i reserve the right to change my prognosis at anytime!

Quite a hodge-podge of fish, sir.
Aulunocaras, mbuna, Vics....
Keep an eye on the Crabro, those adult males can be killers if one starts to go nutters! Ask me how I know.
Thanks for the input. I have a very mixed tank. Its been up and running for over a year now with no issues. I didn't really know what I was doing at first and kinda ended up with a lot of different fish. So far its working. They were all tiny when I got them so hopefully the stay good tank mates.
I do have my eye on my Crabro. I don't trust it a bit after what I've been reading. I've actually called the local pet shop to see if they will take him, which they will. I'm just not really ready to part with him.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
It does have some Tropheops species characteristics, but the head slope is off. One would expect to see a blunter face, not something so pointed. I can't come to any conclusion than to say it is either a really poorly bred something, that doesn't share the characteristics of what it should, or is a hybrid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be... My wife got it from an assorted tank :(

Thanks for cleaning the threads up. I didn't realize there was an unidentified section until it was too late.

Also the person in the other thread had mentioned that fish in the bottom left second picture.
My reply was Kenyi to that person. Sorry for any confusion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts