Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I was in my lfs the other day and they had this gorgeous fish. I can't remember the name but I wanted to research it. It's a cichlid, it was kinda big like 4 inches long, it looked like a Bolivian ram but it had blue streaks near it's mouth that looked almost like little lightning bolts
Does this ring a bell with anyone? ?[/u]

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's def. Not a type of ram, 4" as a juvenile is way too big. It did look a lot like the pic you posted But the only blue was little lines near it's mouth. Maybe a variation? Whatever it was it was so nice. I. Think I may get me one when I upgrade my tank.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I just googled the name you gave me and I think you were right! I remember the guy at my lfs saying something about eartheater. Anyone know about them? It would be in a 75 gallon with sand. Other tankmates would be Angelfish and cories.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Well, that one in the link is a full sized, colored adult. And the best looking one I've seen. Juvy's won't have the blue on the body yet, just the face. They are indeed in the Geophagine family, though not as much of a sifter as those in Geophagus or Satanoperca.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts