Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how my saulosi male and cyno afra (likoma) are going to do when i combine them into a 125g all male.

Right now they are in different tanks but i plan on combining them when i get my 125g up and running.

There will be other mbuna and some haps in the tank. Possibly a few peacocks.

Anyone have or have had saulosi mixed with a blue/black barred afra?

What was your experience with the two together?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had a 125G Saulosi species tank for over two years. I added four white top hara a month ago and they completely ignore each other. I have two dominant male Saulosi that have claimed their own territory and aggressively defend it from each other. They will even chase the females away sometime but the Cynotilapia sp. hara can pass through the battle unnoticed. Looking at the profiles for the cyno afra (likoma), they look very similar to the male Saulosi, I wouldn't try it, but each group is different, they might be ok, might not. I wouldn't have put the Saulosi and White Top Hara together if my wife would let me have another tank.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I haven't encountered any problems yet, but I have 2 male saulosi (and 1 female) in my 125g, along with 2 male Cyno. Hara. I just added a breeding group of Cyno. Afra (Nkhata Bay) to the tank. Saw no issues between the saulosi and the hara, but the afra and the saulosi have sized each other up a couple of times in the past few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts