Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wound up with a juvenile Stigmatochromis Tolae and a juvenile Taeniolethrinops furcicauda in my tank. Part of that whole thing where you go to the fish store intent on only buying the fish you need and leaving with some fish you've never even heard of. You know, that whole lack of self control thing? Yeah, that happened again. But I can't find much info on either of them. Anyone raised either of these? Either one of them stone cold killers?

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
I don't see the Tolae on Cichlidae at all. Any additional words on the scientific name?

It says this about furicacuda:

Aquaristics: Taeniolethrinops furcicauda are rather large cichlids males of which build enormous sand scrape bowers. The aquarium needs to be as large as possible with ample building material in the form of fine sand. Taeniolethrinops furcicauda can stand some fluctuation in the pH, but it is recommended that the pH of the aquarium water be maintained between 7.0 and 8.5 and the temperature constant at a value between 23 and 28° C. In the aquarium males are almost permanently territorial and therefore it is strongly recommended never to put more than one male in the same aquarium. Another important factor to consider is choosing tank inhabitants that do not resemble each other in male breeding coloration, as males will respond more aggressively towards lookalikes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
https://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1268

That's what the forum has listed. And that's roughly all I've been able to find on the Tolae. A single grainy youtube video as well. Don't know much about it at all. Found a couple of decent videos on the Furcicauda, but no videos or articles that really talked about how they would do in an all male tank.

Good to know that both these guys are more on the rare side and I'm not just an idiot. Thanks for looking DJ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts