Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
a friend has given me a aquarium that he was tired of. It came with several fish. I've done some research and know that I want a all male Haps and Peacock tank, but the aquarium already came with some fish and I am in need of some help with they're identification. Nothing too specific. I just want to know are they Haps, Peacock or Mbuna. There is six Cichlids and one companion fish in total.

The tank is 85gl with a 340gph filter. I have a second filter on the way so the tank will be over filtered by the time I add more fish. I also plan to add plants.
Water Fin Fish Underwater Fish supply

Water Vertebrate Fin Underwater Fish supply

Water Fin Fluid Organism Underwater

Water Vertebrate Organism Fin Fish

Water Vertebrate Fish supply Fin Organism

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chester I am still leaning Haps because I read they're less aggressive, will stay in the open more and wont do as much damage to the plants. I will pay attention to the size I get tho. Do you recommend any smaller Haps verity?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
a friend has given me a aquarium that he was tired of. It came with several fish. I've done some research and know that I want a all male Haps and Peacock tank, but the aquarium already came with some fish and I am in need of some help with they're identification. Nothing too specific. I just want to know are they Haps, Peacock or Mbuna. There is six Cichlids and one companion fish in total.

The tank is 85gl with a 340gph filter. I have a second filter on the way so the tank will be over filtered by the time I add more fish. I also plan to add plants.
View attachment 143080
View attachment 143079
View attachment 143083
View attachment 143081
View attachment 143082
Nr 1 = Electric yellow mbuna (labidochromis electric yellow)
Nr 3 = Williams mbuna (metriaclima greshakei)
Hello,

View attachment 143080
View attachment 143079
View attachment 143083
View attachment 143081
View attachment 143082
No 1 - Labidochromis electric yellow
No 3 - Metriaclima greshakei
No 4 - Maylandia barlowi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts